10-Minute Black Bean Taco
Black Bean Tacos just got a whole lot more exciting! These are loaded with flavor, a breeze to prepare and you and yours will love this this super fast to make dinner.
- 2 cans black beans salt-free or low-salt, (or 3 1/2 c cooked black beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups frozen corn thawed, or 1 can of corn, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: salsa, guacamole, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, diced onion, shredded jicama
- Combine the first 6 ingredients and warm in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve taco filling in warm tortillas with whatever toppings you like.
Handy Tip If you don’t have low-sodium beans on hand, draining and rinsing canned beans can reduce the sodium content by as much as 41%! Source: Veggie Quest