- 2 cans black beans (salt-free or low-salt, (or 3 1/2 c cooked black beans), rinsed and drained)
- 1 3/4 cups frozen corn (thawed, or 1 can of corn, rinsed and drained)
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped (optional))
- 8–12 corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: salsa, guacamole, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, diced onion, shredded jicama
- Combine the first 6 ingredients and warm in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve taco filling in warm tortillas with whatever toppings you like.
If you don’t have low-sodium beans on hand, draining and rinsing canned beans can reduce the sodium content by as much as 41%!
Source: Veggie Quest